Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bargain Post

I love this outfit because I believe the most expensive part of it would be the pantyhose, and I believe I paid less than $10 for those.

The white shirt is a Winner's find, and despite the fact that this summer it was getting a touch small, looking at the pics, and how it sat all day, it's actually big on me now.

The vest is from Ricki's, where I got it massively on sale in my days of being extra poor. My mother commented "That's not you, that's your sister! You'll never wear it". I don't think she envisioned it's future as a vest, and not a tank.

The shoes are from Walmart. I bought them 2 or 3 years ago, and I don't think I've worn them since the day I discovered they are like puppies on a freshly waxed floor. I was hesitant to wear them with a skirt, becuase of the ankle strap, but they didn't shorten my legs near the way I expected them too.

And finally the shirt is the latest find at the Thrift Store. For $4, I got this trumpet skirt by Jacob. It's cotton, so I've discovered it creases like you wouldn't believe, so it might be better for those gallery openings than my desk job, but it added more colour than the tan skirt I'd planned on wearing. Or perhaps it was simply because kept adjusting the white shirt all day, and everything would always just sit weird after that.

Oh, and the pantyhose? Calvin Klein.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!