Thursday, August 6, 2009

Brown, birds and belts

Today was a special blog day. Not only have I doubled my "followers", and expanded my geolocation hits to Panama (which I will hopefully look up on a map soon, because my sense of geography is always off), but it's the debut of two pieces to this outfit.

You've seen the capris, the shoes, and the shirt, and I"m sure you've already figured out that one of them is the belt. I was out looking for accessories for a wedding, when I happened upon Ardene and it's 3 for $15 deal. Two pieces were practical - as practical as a necklace and shawl could be for a wedding - so the third was simply fun. When I saw this belt, I knew I had to have it. Not only was I looking for another wide belt (or obi - what is really the difference??), but this just appealed to my memories of being in Brownies as a child, with my change purse on my brown and orange belt.

Strolling along memory lane brings me to the necklace. This is a necklace that my grandmother gave to me when I went for a visit back in spring. I feel horrible that I haven't had a chance to wear it before now, but it needed a big debut. My grandmother can't remember for sure, but she thinks that she got this from a close friend of hers that travelled extensively. She thinks it's from her trip to Sweden or Switzerland (the confusion is from my brain and not hers on that one).

Capris: Rickis
Shirt: Bootlegger (from Jill's give aways)
Belt: Ardene
Sandals: Zellers
Necklace: Grandma!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!