Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Best

Scott woke up in the middle of the night with a cold, so neither of us got that exceptionally well of a sleep.  As a result, I found myself up and knitting by about 8:30.  Perhaps it was an attempt to stay away from the germs, or perhaps the boredom, I decided to get myself into my Sunday best and try out the church around the corner.

As romantic as it sounds to attend "the church around the corner", I was closer in age to the children who went off to Sunday school than the grandparents that remained.  Better luck next time, I suppose.

In any event, the purse I grabbed yesterday always reminded me of something that I figured women would take to church in the days when my grandmother was my age, and slightly older.  I'm not entirely sure why.  The retro feel of the silhouette yesterday also felt retro.  So today, I decided to keep with the some what retro vibe and wear a more classic lined dress.

Dress:  Joe
Scarf:  Value Village
Jacket:  Smart Set
Shoes:  Shoe Warehouse
Purse:  hmm... Claire's?  I don't remember

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks so much Tiffani! The compliment was all the much more appreciated today, a day when I needed an extra little shot of confidence to keep going about things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!