Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Month, New Attitude

I'm not feeling any better, and judging by bag of food formerly known as breakfast AND lunch sitting on my desk at home, and not, in fact, at the office with me, I can't say that life is treating me any better.

However, I've decided that begrudging all the stuff I have to do while trying to fend off this cold isn't helping it go away any faster.

As such, I'd like to thank Jane for setting up this clothing experiment.  I had a lot of fun figuring out what clothes to pick, and then bargaining with myself as to what the rules were for some grey areas (ie:  swapping out, "necessary vs. fashion items").  I've been following Jane's blog since the first Capsule Wardrobe challenge, and have loved following the ins and outs of her life and wardrobe.  While I thought it was kind of ironic that I was participating in this challenge, given my personal challenge for this blog is to make better use of my clothes, I guess I've learned that I don't need as much as I thought to have an adventurous wardrobe!

On that note, I present today - another swap took place.  I swapped out my black sneakers (not yet worn) for this black blazer to give me a professional look this morning when all I wanted to wear was jeans, but felt I needed to be a little more presentable while working as a TA.

However, there is a slight issue.  I was all ready to pack my ballet flats this morning, knowing I'd have to wear rainboots because the puddles were ankle deep last night when Scott and I came home.  But then I remembered: the puddles were ankle deep last night when Scott and I came home, so my ballet flats were still wet.  As such, I had to resort to the black sneakers.  Right now, I'm considering them a gimme, becuase I didn't expect to be caught out in the rain, but I'll see what I can craft for tomorrow.

I did also switch jackets, but again, that was out of necessity.  And to make up for that, I  took a pic of what I actually ended up going out in, too!  That means it's an 8 outfit accomplishment!

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at blogs of others who have been following Jane's challenge, and I just have to say that I love how smart and polished your capsule wardrobe is. (And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one making substitutions due to weather or unforseen needs this week!) It's been a lot of fun to see how different everyone's capsules are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks goo d- don't forget to email the pics.
    Janex
    PS Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!