Monday, November 9, 2009

Just not feeling it

I took one picture of what I wore last week.  It's what I wore on Saturday while I was being painfully unproductive.  Even after taking it, I thought posting it would just be too productive in itself.  Every day I feel a little more guilty about not posting any thing at all.  While I don't know if I have that strong of a following, and whether they've noticed that I've been MIA for the last few weeks, I just don't have the energy to this, and I don't know why that is exactly.
I'd like to say it's becuase I'm very busy with grant proposals, essays and seminars, which is partially true, but that's the reason I use for not cleaning my apartment (and yet I still managed to making it to knitting on Sunday, and to a movie on Friday)
I'd like to say that it's because I just haven't come up with any good outfits, but I am pretty sure I looked damn cute on Wednesday. 
I'd like to say that I'm on a strict budget and not shopping has made it difficult, but there have been very few items that I desperately want.  
I'd like to say it's because Scott's been sick and there for the bedroom is "Germ City" that I've been trying to avoid... but he's on the mend, and I'm no more inspired than usual. 
And I have this nagging suspicion that it's because I am really unhappy with the new city in which I'm living for a variety of reasons.  And while close frequently give me the confidence to persevere through situations, I just don't feel like putting in the effort.  It's easier to be grumpy in bad clothes, than to convince myself to see the sunny side in great clothes. 
Maybe this week will be better.  Maybe today will be better.  But optimism seems so much easier when I'm in my pajamas than when I'm starring at my closet. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just have to take a break. I think being unhappy makes it that much harder to do something just for fun, like a blog. I have a had a SUPER hard time keeping mine going these past few months, because my personal life has been just constant stress and dissapointment (my husband and my BFF being my only light). So anyway, I get it. And I totally understand not being motivated sometimes. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!