Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dress for the ocaission / new accessories

There are key times in a person's life when it's integral to look spectacular.  Among them are job interviews, running into ex-boyfriends, and any time when a picture must be taken to ensure the immortality of the moment.

Well, my dear readers, I have to admit I have failed.

I woke up Saturday morning and thought: "To hell with clothes, I'm staying in my jammies all day".  When Scott arrived home with flowers, I assumed he'd finally taken my hint to start being more romantic, and thus thought: "Maybe I should get dressed", but I read a few more chapters in my book instead.

When I got through my required reading, I suggested we take a walk, so I threw on a very odd combination of skinny jeans and a hoodie... one for ease of fitting into boots (given it's currently blizzard-ing), and the other for warmth (given it's currently blizzard-ing).  While Scott had shaved, I thought: "Maybe I should shower when we get back", but I thought "nah" and put my hair into the most practical and least attractive toque-wearing option:  pig tails.

When we arrived home from our walk, I thought: "shower or pajamas?" and my laziness prevented both.  My laziness also prevented the guilt of looking so slovenly as we drank wine and watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, so there was no problem, right?

However, when a sparkly engagement ring surfaced after the movie was over, it immediately occurred to me, as I began snapping photos of my hand, and inevitably getting a grungy jean, or faded hoodie in the way, that this was yet another moment when it is integral to be dressed for the ocaission.


Of course, I take solace in the fact that Scott is choosing to marry not only the pulled together Cara that usually walks out the door in the morning, but also the Cara that loves lazy days of ill-matched comfort wear!

(And no, I'm not trying to make a fashion statement by wearing the ring on my thumb... my fingers are seriously that small that it flops around on any other finger.  It's even too big for the thumb!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations, Cara! That is so awesome! I love "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

    Ah, we all lounge around in our grubbies sometimes. ;)

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

    Cheers,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats!~ That is actually a GREAT story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!