Friday, January 1, 2010

Year End Recap

I've been reading a lot of blogs today of people mentioning that 2009 was a year of change or transition.  While this is certainly true of my last 12 months (I'm living in what is not-so-affectionately called the "gap" of Canada... that vast void between Manitoba and Alberta), I got to thinking about how every year is effectively a transition or change year, if we are living our lives effectively.  These changes will not always be positive, and they will not always be expected, but ultimately, if we have a year without change or transition, are we not, then, just living stagnant lives?

Having spent a great deal of time at my parents home these last couple weeks, visiting with old friends and acquaintances, I found myself being very nostalgic for the "good old days", though simultaneously looking forward to the things ahead.  Sure, I may still be dreading the next 18 months in this forsaken land (ok, I'm being a touch dramatic for emphasis), but I'm still looking forward to what follows... and thus, the overarching theme of my resolutions this year is to embrace change - because quite often, there is little we can do to turn back the hands of time.

Now I will leave you with the best outfit from each of the last 12 months














3 comments:

  1. Some great selections.
    Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the one in the top row on the right. Sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in layered outfits - I am with Wendy, that's a sexy outfit!

    My dad was born in Regina - I've been to SK many times (although never in winter...brrr...we delicate West Coast flowers can't handle it).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!