Monday, March 1, 2010

You mean today is day one?

It's day one of the Capsule Wardrobe, and I'll admit, I'm inadequately prepared. I had feared that I would be adequately prepared for this and inadequately prepared for my school day, but alas, I seemed to have shirked both responsibilities.  I tried to drum up some ideas last night that were focusing on the red articles of clothing that I own and have difficulty wearing, however, doing a challenge with clothes that are a challenge is, well, challenging.  (Wow, I wish I could drink coffee so I could actually be awake enough to write something not quite so redudant).

However, I had a brain wave this morning that I think will move me along swimmingly.  I got dressed as if it was any other day, and now I'll base my week around this outfit.  It's got some good bones to it - a classic black skirt which can be easily dressed up and down (oh, did I mention that I have an academic conference at the end of the week which made trying to plan a capsule wardrobe a little more difficult), a striped shirt perfect for layering, and some very basic shoes make up my first three articles of clothing.  My belt is my only accessory thus far.  I'm undecided if I'm counting my school bag - it's more of a necessity than an accessory, and if I've learnt anything from living with Scott, it's that if there is a gray area in a rule, feel free to exploit it for all it's worth!

And on the theme of rule exploitation, I am so glad that hosiery is not counted, not just because it's an excellent way to add colour to an outfit, but also because I had a run in with some dirt!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pink tights... can't wait to see more of the wardrobe remix. This is such a fun challenge. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bones in deed - you will be able to create a capsule with these pieces no problem! As for the bad I say necessity and doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and if I've learnt anything from living with Scott, it's that if there is a gray area in a rule, feel free to exploit it for all it's worth!"
    Bwhahahahahaha! I love it.

    I also love that top. And I wish you luck in the challenge, I've never braved one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great basics! I did a striped shirt in the last challenge we did. I totally agree on the tights - you have to work that loophole!

    Thanks very much for the comment on my blog!
    Cheers,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!