Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brown is the colour of spring?

I've been oddly drawn to brown this spring.  I'm not entirely sure why, though perhaps hearing "black is very harsh on older skin" has made me prematurely aware of how pale I am.  Or perhaps it's because of the purse and jacket being my most recent clothing purchases.

I bought the purse at Urban Planet for $5, and the jacket at Value Village for $8. The picture really doesn't do the jacket justice.  It does need some patching in the back, but I'll get to that once exams and essays are over. 

I have also decided that I'm going to put more effort into my clothing.  My rule for this week is to either a) layer (and a hoodie doesn't count!) or accessorize.  Today, I did both.  I'm also mixing patterns, a floral tank with my argyle shoes.  It's a start. 

And I decided to do my hair in Kasmira's lazy girl's updo.  I'm not convinced I like it, because, as you can see from the pictures, I look a little bald from the front, and a little crazy from the back.  However, I didn't have much time this morning to get ready, as Scott and I are hoping to move into a new place, so we've been extra vigilant about keeping this place clean in case the leasing agent wants to show it.  This morning consisted of making sure that my bed was made, and my make up was all put away.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is cute like this (I really like you in glasses, by the way, referencing another post). That jacket is awesome, and I love your Vans (?).

    Wow, crazy weather! We had some nutty weather here this past week (major winds as well) - so weird for the West coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!