Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tell tale signs of spring

I'm sitting in a beam of sunlight, with a light breeze coming through the open window.  I'd say it's a perfect day, but I'm stuck at home working on take-home exams, instead being outside enjoying the weather.

To add to the downfalls of spring, my eyes are so dry and itchy from allergies that I've had to resort to glasses instead of contacts.  As well, the beam of sunlight is rather inopportune considering my apartment is sweltering.  And even though I hate working on take home exams, I am rather peeved that I continuously have to leave my apartment because we're moving soon, and so the leasing company is showing it to prospective new tenants.

However, today's 'right smack dab in the middle of my productivity showing did give me a reason to get out of my pajamas and into some clothes.

I've tried to keep my clothes from being "seasonal" to the best of my ability, but there is always something fabulous about new clothes in a new season.  Today was probably as close as I get.  I bought the tights last fall when I moved into this apartment and was at Walmart buying random cleaning supplies and the like.  Being rather grumpy about moving in the first place, I figured I deserved a treat, and I loved the zippers on the sides.

I picked up the dress a few weeks back (same trip as the jacket).  I'm not sold on it's fit, but the pattern I love.

And of course, throwing on sandals for the first time always helps too!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!