Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Opposites

I had no idea what to wear when I got dressed this morning.  I knew, since it was the beginning of the week, and thus not icy cold in the office yet, that a skirt would be in the cards.  However, beyond that, I had no clue.  Then I saw this skirt.  This was the first present from my brother-in-law a few years ago.  He and my sister each bought me an article of clothing, believing one knew me better than the other.  I may have kept the skirt from my  brother in law and returned the shirt from my sister...

In any event, what I love about this skirt is the contrast... the seaming suggests constraint, but the skirt is more flowy.  The tweedy suggests masculinity, and the embroidery suggests femininity.  I tried to carry the contrasts through the top - the softness of the shirt with the hardness of the chain, but that didn't work quite as well as I hoped.


Oh, and I was really hungry so I was so excited about that cookie!

2 comments:

  1. That skirt is fantastic and I love the pink with a pop of red underneath.

    The cookie looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the sister; that is SO NOT what happened

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!