Thursday, August 26, 2010

Travel Wardrobe Day #3

This is when I started to get into my travel wardrobe.  The T-shirt was a last minute purchase before leaving, as I realized that my other striped shirt I'd worn in this style would have been miles too warm for Toronto's heat.  But at $4 at Superstore, I couldn't really turn it down.

The belt I stole from my mother, and really needs another hole if I'm going to continue to wear it at my rib cage, but once I added the sweater (the stores I was shopping at that day were rather chilly), it did stay a little better.

However, I'm not fussy about either incarnation of this look: I think I did it better last time.  I think it's the lighter blue, the shorter sleeve and the itty bitty pocket.  With the sweater, I should have worn the dress as a skirt, and without the sweater, the shirt just seems too casual for it.  But this is why I blog: so I can constantly evolve these looks!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I really like both of these looks, Cara! Good job! I don't know that I prefer these to the linked look, either - they're just different. The red belt is an excellent touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!