Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day of Fall

I wore this skirt to celebrate the first day of fall last year, and it was the last time I wore it.  I just didn't like the look it gave me.  I think it kills any curve that I may have.  However, when I saw a short purple corduroy skirt at Robber, I knew I had to have one. Of course, I couldn't justify spending that much on a skirt when I knew I had a corduroy skirt at home that I wasn't wearing. 

Solution?  I convinced my mother to cut it!  It's not quite as short as I'd like (I have a suspicion that after I left, she took the pins marking where I wanted the hem down a few inches), but I think if I did any shorter, I'd need to go with tights instead of knee highs!


The pictures don't show it well (it was a very dark day here, with lots of rain despite the forecast for warm and sunny), but I'm mixing grey knee highs with an olive skirt, with brown accessories (jacket, purse and shoes).  I generally don't mix a lot of neutrals, so I felt rather bold today.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, mixing neutrals is super chic! I love the knee-highs too, I'm incredibly scared to try them myself but you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt actually...and the cut length is great...good for Mom:)

    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super look on you, Cara. I love the skirt length and the knee highs. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute jacket! Love the outfit with the knee highs!

    viktoriawithak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!