Monday, September 6, 2010

A stitch in time

The best thing I did this week was to take 10 minutes to alter my black skinny jeans.  Last time I wore them, I wasn't happy with the fit.  My thought was I could easily take in the waist band by removing it, increasing the size of the darts around the butt, and then re-attaching the band.  However, I quickly realized that these were detailed, high waisted pants, and it wouldn't be that simple.  Since I carry a bit of weight in my waist and hips, I have to watch how I wear skinny jeans, generally meaning I wear longer shirts with them.  Thus, the high waisted detail wouldn't ever really be highlighted.  As a result, I decided to shorten the rise of the jeans, since the waist band would fit much better lower on my hips.  Of course, I tightened up the legs while I was at it.

This shirt seemed to expand with time, so next time I might take Scott's advice and belt it.  However, it does tie in the back, so I decided I'd wear it as styled. 

Of course, the downfall to the outfit was that it wasn't great for cold weather.  Some friends threw a fundraising party for us (not as organized and formal as a wedding social) in his backyard.  We're definitely into fall weather, so the difficulty of finding a jacket that worked with the shirt, and the lack of socks made for a very long, cold night.  But since we did make a couple hundred bucks for our wedding, with virtually no effort, I guess I can't complain!

3 comments:

  1. The jeans look great...congrats on the money you made.....:)

    Statements in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're so talented! The jeans look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wear it well(lovely outfit:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!