Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Warm Breeze

My apologies for freaking and randomly disappearing - I just had to add the pic to this post, but I fell asleep before that happened.  A big thanks to Sheila who, as always, brought me back to remembering that it's more important to do something that brings joy, than to feel shame for what others don't understand.  And in a surprise twist, it appears the president of my student association has stumbled onto the blog and doesn't see it as shameful either!  I do feel a little better about it now!

The benefit to the fall heat wave is that I can pull things out of my closet that I was bemoaning not having worn enough this summer.  This dress is one of those.  In fact, I don't think I even got a chance to wear it once!  Despite being inspired by (500) Days of Summer, which we watched last night, I decided I'd channel Zoey Deschenel some other day, and embrace the warm weather.  The sweater was necessary, since it was about 20 degrees cooler in the morning than it is right now, but it also makes it a bit more office appropriate.

I'm still belting "under" the top layer, which I still find interesting.  I felt kind of like a superhero walking home, though, with my cardigan flapping out behind me!

2 comments:

  1. HI Cara!!! I love your dress....the print is sooo pretty!! Super cute sandals too:)

    Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help, hon. Never be ashamed of something you love doing.

    I loved (500) Days of Summer - what an awesome movie.

    Heh, your cardi flapping reminded me of a Guy Clark lyric:

    He’s one of those who knows that life
    Is just a leap of faith
    Spread your arms and hold you breath
    Always trust your cape

    Trust your cape. It will always be there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!