Saturday, September 25, 2010

What's in your purse?

I love that the trend this year was for big giant bags, because they are so useful!  Mine works as a backpack, shopping bag, lunch bag, etc. etc. etc.  However, when Hillary asked us to give her a birthday present by showing her what we keep in our purses, I realized how UN-pack-rat like my purse had become these days, since most days involve me sitting at my desk at home.  In fact, there were only a couple things where I thought: "Why are you there?"

I've grouped the items into four categories.  In Basic, we have the things I need to survive: my wallet, cell phone, iPod (with missing ear phones... hrmmm), and keys.  Yes, there are two sets of keys.  Since I'm back and forth to my parents so much, I have my car keys on two seperate sets, one for when I'm in my own city, and one when I'm in theirs, so I don't have a huge keychain.

The second group, going counter clockwise (because that's how I roll apparently), is for my school related "stuff".  This has the book I'm currently reading (Negotiating with The Dead by Margaret Atwood), my day planner, and a list of books that I think I've already picked up from the library.  Of course, there are also a number of pens/pencils.

The third group is the tooth group, which has basically everything I need for any routine maintenance /orthodontic emergency.  This includes wax for covering any poke-y objects, a gel to numb any sores from poke-y objects, floss, floss threaders, toothpaste, toothbrush, a mirror, lip gloss and mints. Yes, lip gloss is part of my orthodontic arsenal: wires chew the crap out of lips!

And finally, the random stuff I forgot was in there.  One is the blood type card I received when I got typed the other day (ok, when I got typed AND fainted).  I'm A+, which I think makes me super smart and awesome.  The most surprising thing I found in my purse was the fabric swatches and thread for my lastest craft project.  I can't tell you what it is, but I tell you, it's brilliant!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had braces!

    I have A+ blood too - it's obviously the best kind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting. I have no idea what my blood is but now I want to know! I had no idea you had braces either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!