Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to Basic Pink And Black

I decided I was going to wear the pink dress on Tuesday this week, in hopes to avoid wearing it on campus.  Afterall, Tuesday is my one working day, so I generally give myself the day off.  However, some articles arrived at the library, so I jumped off the bus a couple stops early to pick them up. As I was walking into the school, I realized, yet again, the last time I was there, I was wearing this dress.  DOH!

At least this time I feel that it's styled significantly different.  This is my second attempt at layering dresses, and now I'm seeing why Sheila, and Audi layer dresses and skirts so often - it can completely change the look! I was really happy with how this turned out considering I have been having issues with this shirt dress, and nearly took scissors to it the last time I wore it.  Leaving it undone (with something underneath, of course!!) gives it more flare, avoiding the "rectangle" look I feel it gives me

3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I love the dimension it gives the outfit. You should be so proud of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome!!! I've been wanting to try layering dresses too but didn't own any that were button-down - until today! The one I'm wearing today is a button-down dress but I'm wearing it alone for it's first day out. I bought it specifically to layer and your outfit is giving me a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute look! Glad you like how it turned out! I too need to try layering dresses. I own too many not to give it a shot.

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!