Friday, October 1, 2010

In the Pink

With some reservation (pink?  pink?  I don't like pink!  I don't have pink!), I signed up for Mel of A Working Mom's Closet's Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness challenge. Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, Mel has challenged us to try to wear one article of pink - as big or as small as you'd like - for the month of October.  I'm not sure I can make it the whole month, but I'll certainly try!

I decided to start the month off with a bang - my pink dress.  I had completely forgotten about this dress when I signed up for the challenge, so I'm hoping this means that it will actually be much easier than I thought it would be!  I'm tossing around the idea of trying to mix up this dress once a week to see how many different ways I can style it.  I know there is a shirt I've been looking to try with it, so this might be the perfect opportunity - but don't hold me to it!


When I looked at the weather forecast this morning, I swear it said that it was going to be sunny and a high of 28 degrees.  Sleeveless and barelegged seemed to be the way to go.  However, as the morning progressed, I noticed that the temperature wasn't climbing as quickly as it would need to to reach the high.  I checked again, and suddenly it was supposed to be sunny... but only 17.  I'm not sure whether I just read what I wanted to, or what, but that meant making a few changes to the outfit.  So you get both the outfit I planned on wearing, and the tweaks I made to make it a little more weather appropriate!

2 comments:

  1. Cute little dress...perfect way to start off the pink challenge:)

    Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're on board with this! I agree with Collette, this is the PERFECT way to start off the challenge!

    I love it with the purple accents. You really look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!