Monday, October 4, 2010

Thinking Pink

I had a horrible night of sleep on Saturday, suddenly realizing that I do always bite off more than I can chew, and realizing that even this term, where I turned down jobs in order to prevent these sleepless nights, I managed to still some how find other obligations to overwhelm me.  And that was before I decided to host Thanksgiving for both Scott's and my families.  Needless to say, I gave myself a "Cara Day" on Sunday, watching cheesy movies and knitting in my jammies (Yeah for Netflix finally coming to Canada!!).  As luxurious as that felt, that means getting dressed today took twice the effort.  In fact, most of this post was written while still in my pajamas. 

You would think being limited in colour would make getting dressed easier.  Not so: I'm finding pink very difficult to pair with other colours!  Last Friday's outfit made me feel like a muppet in a more conservative environment.  My go to colour is always black, but I'm tired of my bright pink and black pairings.  And while Melissa definitely rocks the pink and red today, I can't say I'm quite ready to make that jump yet. 

Oh, and you know how I said I didn't have any pink in my wardrobe?  Turns out I have 22 pieces.  How many blogging days this month?  21!  Keeping in mind I'm trying to wear the cotton jersey dress from Friday a different way each week, and murmurings of an upcoming capsule wardrobe challenge, I probably won't get to wear all of them unless I start pairing them together! 

3 comments:

  1. Awww...despite the sleep...you look great in this Cara.....way to go on the challenge:)


    Enter my Wendy Hammer Designs Purse Giveaway♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like blogging in my jammies on the weekend. :)

    What about blue and pink? I also adore pink and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and purple. Pink and yellow. Black and white and pink! :) You look great, don't fret about it. I feel like I've gotten a little bit boring but that's okay. I can't win 'em all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!