Friday, October 8, 2010

What would Freud Think of Pink?

Today, I intended to get down to thesis work asap.  However, last night I realized that our centrepieces were going to completely clash with our cardbox, and we needed something to tie it all together with the cupcake table, so I admittedly started my day off inquiring about prices of candy, etc.  Then, I threw in a few loads of laundry, talked to our repair guy about the ghost flushing our toilet, ate lunch, talked to Scott when he was home for lunch (which he usually isn't), talked to my sister, and suddenly it was 3:30, and my much awaited article had arrived at the school through interlibrary loan.  I didn't even get to Freud until after 4:00 today.  However, I've read my daily dose of Freud, and am very glad I'm only dealing with him in one chapter of the thesis. 

It wasn't until I was already on campus that I remembered that I had worn this dress the last time I was on campus.  While I am intentionally wearing this dress on a weekly basis this month, I'm going to have to watch which day of the week I wear it! Speaking of elapsed time, I just can't get over the fact that a year ago today, I was white knuckling it on an icy highway to get to a family gathering after a massive blizzard delayed my departure the previous day.  While that was unseasonal, so was today.  It was about 25 degrees this afternoon... temperatures we're more used to experiencing in July! 

Even pink in the plaid!!

I will note that despite my desire to maintain the pink challenge, I'm only doing so on a Monday to Friday basis.  Why only 5 days a week when I readily admitted I had more pink than I'd be able to wear on blogging day?  Partially because I'm hosting Thanksgiving for my whole immediate family this weekend, and I want to coordinate with my table!!

3 comments:

  1. CUTE jumper...love the plaid under it:)

    Enter my Wendy Hammer Designs Purse Giveaway♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you layered this over the plaid shirt - very nice and autumnal!

    Well, duh, of course you have to match your Thanksgiving decor! ;) Have a super Thanksgiving, my fellow Canuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you want to coordinate with the table on Thanksgiving. THAT makes me giggle. :) You look super cute in this outfit! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!