Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 for 30 Clothing Preview

helloAre you joining in Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge?  It's too late to join with the 337 bloggers officially doing the challenge, but you should definitely try it on your own!

Right now, I don't think it will be much of a challenge, my 30 pieces can easily last me a month. However, making each outfit unique and interesting is where the challenge lies.  I won't like: I included a couple pieces that will be great for the days when I'm travelling across the prairies (I've got 2 trips to the neighbouring province's capital city planned over the next 30 days), writing another chapter of my thesis (which will be right around the final 2 weeks of a challenge... that was poor planning!!), and shlubbing around on days when it will inevitably blizzard.  I consider myself fortunate in that I only need 4 professional outfit, and the rest are casual rather than trying to got multiple professional and multiple casual outfits out of many of the same pieces.

I will not be counting camisoles / tights/ scarves/ accessories, nor will I be counting any winter wear (though you will note that both pairs of boots I've gone with are good to -15 degrees Celsius. It's been super nice today, so I'm already wondering if I'll regret that). I'm not so much worried about the "No Shopping" rule, though I'm giving myself permission to shop a) to replace the brown fishnets that got destroyed the last time I wore them, and b) to go Christmas shopping for others, not myself.

And without any futher ado, here are my clothing selections
1. Black sneakers
2. Black oxford heels
3. Black boots
4. Brown suede loafers
5. Brown retro style heels
6. Brown boots




7. Brown plaid pants
8. Black skinny jeans
9. Blue skinny jeans
10. Blue bootcut jeans




11.Green corduroy skirt
12. Brown full skirt
13. Blue jean skirt
14. Tweed skirt






15. Green cotton dress
16. Patterned Zara dress






17. Navy cardigan
18. Green crocheted sweater
19. White hooded jacket
20. Navy sweater
21. Brown cardigan





22.Black pinstripe jacket
23. Corduroy blazer







24. Red plaid shirt
25. white short sleeved shirt
26. Red wrap
27. Green Gap Vneck
28. Navy and white striped shirt
29. blue embroidered shirt
20. white 3/4 length sleeve shirt

Since the closest thing I had done to this is Jane's Capsule Wardrobes, which lasted a week.  As such, I've learned that making sure you have a colour scheme is always good, so I've gone with blue, green and red.  While I'm a little afraid to try green and red together (Christmas much?), I love how Hillary has been wearing blue and green together lately, so I had to try it!! Most of the colour ideas I pulled out of the Zara dress, but of course, made the green more green!!

6 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love your colour mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pieces! I don't think you'll have any problems matching together fun outfits. Cant wait to see them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are joining too! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

    besos,

    ML
    Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodluck! I'm looking forward to seeing everybody doing lots of remixing this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally getting caught up on blogs!! First I want to say thank you so much for the comment on my blog the other day!! And I just love all the pieces you've picked for the 30 for 30! Have fun and best of luck on the remixing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!