Sunday, November 14, 2010

And the award goes to - Day 7

So tired I fell asleep during pictures!
Between 19 year old boys above us discussing loudly which bar they were going to go to, radiators in desperate need of bleeding (despite the landlord's insistence that they aren't) that sound like hammers hitting cathedral bells, and the fact that Scott's new work schedule that has him working at 6 am has us going to bed at 10:30, I had the worst night of sleep possibly ever.

 I'm fighting to stay awake today.  The all-night clanging means the apartment is delightfully cozy this afternoon, so that isn't helping.  Even the lack of anything on television can't entice me to get to work.  Since my sister is expecting to deliver her baby any day now, I've been working non-stop on my thesis so when she does have it, I can take the time to meet my niece or nephew without feeling that I'm getting behind on my work.  However, she's over a week past her due date, so that means I've been working without break for over a week, as well. I'm pretty sure that the quality of my work is beginning to suffer. Unfortunately, I definitely can't take any time off now: not only will baby HAVE to be born this week, we also have to drive back home for Scott's parents' retirement dinner next weekend.

Needless to say, I'm really wishing that my 30 for 30 clothes weren't as all comfortable as pajamas, and that there wasn't a spare bed behind my desk that just looks oh so comfy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a crazy night!! Falling asleep standing up is no good! Cute outfit though!! Good luck on your thesis and yay for new nieces and/or nephews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Sounds like a lot on your plate. Congrats to your sis on her up-coming bundle of joy and the retirement dinner.

    I've become very fond of fitting in naps when I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!