Thursday, November 11, 2010

Battling Dehydration - Day 4

helloI've been dehydrated for as long as I can remember.  It's not due to any medical condition, or poor water quality.  No, I just forget to drink liquids.  This week, I've decided to get this under control, and the timing couldn't be better.  Not only have we turned the heat on (sucking out all remaining humidity in our very dry apartment), but I've also developed a small cold which I'm battling aggressively, since my sister is past her due date, and when that baby comes, the last thing I want to do is infect it. The issue with diving head first into a world of planned hydration is the frequent trips to the bathroom.  Not a big deal since I work from home, but none the less, it would not be a day for tights, a stiff narrow skirt, and belt combination.

I love how Sarah from Wearing It On My Sleeves wore her plaid shirt today, but I didn't feel I needed to add a jacket and necklace for another day of working from home.  Since I was already wearing the plaid shirt when I read her post, I decided I'd try tucking in my shirt.  While in the future, I'll be more likely to try this with a looser fit jean, that wasn't in the cards.  However, I'm glad I went with my bootleg jean instead of a skinny jean, I think that would draw too much attention to the hip area.

I forgot to eat breakfast today, so I better run and make lunch before this dizziness knocks me out of commission. But yes, I not only forget to drink water, I also forget to eat.  Some days I'm surprised I've lived this long too.  I'm sure one of these days I'll forget to breathe.

6 comments:

  1. Hi hunnie....you look so good in plaid..Ive had so many plaid shirts in my hands lately, but put them all back:( I cant decide on the right pattern or color for me....yours is perfect on you:)

    Drink up sister:)

    Stop By and Say Hello♥
    Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome that you tucked in your shirt too! Now I don't feel nearly as lame as I did yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally avoided tucking in for the LONGEST TIME until I saw a post on Kendi's blog visually highlighting why tucking in is better, and I can't stop tucking EVERYTHING in now.

    I totally feel you on the dehydrating thing. I HATE drinking water... and was even hospitalized for a few days when I was little for dehydration. I guess I never learn, do I? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit! Super cute!! I hadn't thought of planned hydration affecting outfit choices though! ;) I love the plaid shirt and the belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit, and puh-leese, what are you going on about "the hip area"?? You have skinny hips, girl! You have a totally rockin' bod, in case you weren't aware!

    If water is tough for you, try making herbal tea (I drink a lot of ginger, peppermint and licorice). And just gulp it all down when it's lukewarm. The peeing will be annoying at first, but it eases up as your body gets used to being hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this plaid shirt. I have seen so many remixers wearing plaid and i'm jealous that I dont own some myself. You look fab in this outfit!

    Also, you're not alone. I totally forget to eat and drink all the time. Suddenly its 3 in the afternoon and i'm like "huh, I wonder why I feel so bad - oh right good is a necessity!" lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!