Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 13 - Green is the colour of spring and wishful thinking

If all goes well, by the time this posts, I'll be on my way to see my little niece (for the last time until Christmas - booo!!).  Of course, plans may not work.  In any event, this is the outfit that I wore when Scott and I took his parents out to celebrate their retirement.  I'm starting to feel entirely limited by the few clothes that I brought with me - but I think that will be the saving grace of the 30 for 30... I have 20 more articles of clothing back at the apartment!!!

I haven't been taking pictures with my footwear for two reasons.  The first, I haven't been varying it all that greatly: it's pretty much only been my winterboots.  Secondly, since I've been wearing my winter boots, my mother would freak if I had them on in the house, given the fact they are wet and dirty.  Understandable, I think!

I do like this shirt with this skirt, even if it's a lot of green.  However, I'm also sure it's a little fancy for the occasion.  I'm 90% sure everyone else will be in jeans and a tee shirt!

Also - Thanks to Styleprint for pointing out my mistake yesterday, crediting Kendi, not Katy with Katy's Friend Friday questions... ironic that the post was about accreditation!  My brain isn't functioning on all cylinders these days, so hopefully when I'm back home on Monday, it will be. 



6 comments:

  1. That sweater is gorgeous hunnie.....what a sweet pose today:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tights with the shorts are always a good idea! A nice twist to a traditional look, great picture!


    xo,

    Molly Jane

    PS. Stop by and say hi!

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a new follower and fellow 30 for 30 remixer!! you have some great color combo's and outfits!!

    I look forward to seeing how you shake it up for the rest of the challenge!!
    I am just heading out to do my photoshoot now! brrr is cold out there!!!

    cheers,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you're wearing a skirt but it looks like shorts and you just look adorable! I love that top on you, the neckline is so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! I love that sweater, and the cowl neck is really fun too! And nothing wrong with being overdressed to celebrate if you ask me! Fantastic outfit!

    Oh, and thank you for the comment you left on my blog last night!! Another friend of mine has talked about similar frustrations when she goes shopping for her nieces and nephews, actually both about toys and clothes! And I do sometimes think about getting more bold with mixing pieces into my daily wear, I sometimes joke that I'm going for the "girlfriend look" instead of the "boyfriend look", but I usually don't, mostly because of the nature of our daily lives. I suspect if we lived somewhere else, it would be a lot easier.

    Oh, and sorry for the long comment! This is one of those topics that I love to discuss at length with people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pose! Love it!

    I don't think this is too much green - it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!