Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 14 - I'm feeling a little flat

When I was training to be a teacher, one of our activities was to present orally and visually  all the cultural, traditional and personal "things" that made us "us".  I decided I would trace myself on a giant piece of felt, and then velcro pictures which represented various "things" about myself.  Yes, I got university credit for this, and yes, it did make me realize I never wanted to be a teacher if it meant doing arts and crafts.*

In any event, my mom has been on my case to clean out the closet in my room at her house.  I don't quite know why: storage is not at a premium in this house.  Feeling rather bored, I did at least open the door, and quickly stumbled upon my fabric self.  Naturally, I knew it would come in handy for this blog!

At the time I'm writing this, I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing when I wear this outfit, however, it's likely I'll be on the road, either back to "Home A" or heading the opposite direction to "Home C".

I am a little worried that when I get back to "Home A" and my usual picture taking corner, I'm going to bore you all to death after the fun adventures in picture taking I've had this week!. 

*Don't take this to mean I disrespect teachers, or teacher education.  This project was just one more way of making me realize how far out of my interest that career is!




6 comments:

  1. Cara! I am ashamed to say that I didn't know you had a blog! But now I have found it and have admired your felt self. Great idea! Am also glad you realized that you hate arts and crafts! You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this whole blog about clothes you wear? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!~

    I think you really learn a lot about yourself in college classes. I too respect teachers every single day, but I could never do the work they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea... this will really come in handy during those bad hair days. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat!! I like the outfit a lot!! And that's definitely cool that you got college credit for that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahahahaha! What a cute idea!! And thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!