Saturday, November 13, 2010

This Post Is Not About the Clothes (though they are there) Day 6

This morning's fog

The picture in which I have no hair
 I won't lie: I hate winter.  Oh wait, you've already figured that out?  I'm cold in the middle of summer, so any seasons where temperatures are below my body temperature generally aren't my favourite.  It also doesn't help that I need daily exposure to sunlight to maintain my sanity, and winters here are foggy, and dark.  Add to that being away from friends and family, and it seems colder, darker and all the more isolating.  Last year, I at least had a busy enough schedule outside the apartment that I was doing a lot of walking (getting both sunlight and activity) and staving off any sense of cabin fever.  This year, I'm working from home, so no sunlight, no regular activity and no company.  Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the next 5 months.


With all that circling around my mind yesterday, I spent a good couple hours in my blankie, in front of the TV, eating enough mint chocolate chip cookies to warrant an allergic reaction.  For my sanity, and my health, Scott and I started etching out a plan to keep me sane and allergy free.  While I'm 90% sure Scott decided to propose in the middle of a blizzard last January to keep up my spirits, we decided a more regulated plan should be in place this year.  We're still etching out the details (are mandatory date nights weekly or bi-weekly?  How often are we bundling up and going for a walk? etc. etc.), but today I was supposed to get up at 8:30 and exercise.

Tommy
I have no excuse: I have a myriad of equipment.  I have exercise videos and computer powered games.  My exercise wardrobe is extensive (despite the fact that I generally just work out in whatever pajamas pants and tank top I find on the floor).  Considering I have an obsession with Tommy Europe (former professional football player turned fitness trainer), and one of his TWO tv shows are continuously playing on Slice, (sorry non-Canadian folks, you can't join my love for him... except on Slice.ca where they do have full episodes... look for Bulging Brides and Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp), motivation shouldn't be an issue.

This isn't a "pity me" post, nor am I demanding encouragement or solutions.  If anything, it's more of a warning: if things go well, you will see things like; "PS - I finally got myself up to drinking 2L of water a day" or "I'm ready to move on to intermediate/advanced pilates".  If things don't go well, that's when you'll see more drawn out posts like this one.  I find writing stuff out helps me be accountable to myself.

But if you have encouragement, advice or stories to commiserate, feel free to share!  After all, life is about more than just clothes!

4 comments:

  1. Love how you have the little tie on the sweater..I do that alot, really cute:)

    I HATE fog too..weve had it for four days in a row:(

    Stop by and say Hello ♥
    I’m an MTV Style Blogger of the Week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...speaking of self-promoting...^^


    Tommy rules! I love those shows on Slice (although I wish they were in HD).

    I like how you are planning and organizing to overcome your hurdles on exercising. My mantra is "just do it!" I get up, don't think about it, I just get dressed and do my exercise. Then it's over with!

    I also find that writing out my thoughts on things on my blog makes me accountable. I enjoy your blog, Cara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the sweater! Yeah, winter is no fun for me too, but uh... I'm a lot further south, so I feel bad even mentioning that! I think its the lack of daylight that ends up getting to me though! And I work from home too, so uh... I guess I'll be reading to find out what works because I don't have an plans figured out at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp and Bulging Brides! I was excited to see Tommy on your blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!