Thursday, November 25, 2010

Trying to Open My Eyes - Day 17

This morning, I was so tired I couldn't even open my eyes.  Or so I thought, when Scott came to wake me up to tell me that our ceiling was leaking AGAIN (due to the idiots upstairs leaving their sink running AGAIN).  Of course, as I squinted blearily at the ceiling, I started to think maybe something was wrong.  Not only with the ceiling, but also with me.  Sure enough, my left eye was swollen shut with an eye infection.  Awesome. It's a fairly common stress symptom with me, so I knew the routine: ice the area until the swelling subsides, then apply a hot tea bag for 15 minutes every 3-4 hours, and if there is any luck, I won't look like a mutant before trivia tonight.  If not, I can always try my hand at using make up to simulate a black eye, and create a story about some awesome bar fight.

But since I have this lovely red, puffy eye, I figured this would be a good time to play around with my camera settings and my clothing.  Rather than trying to down play the red with photoshop, I went with a black and white outfit, so I could do a black and white picture!

4 comments:

  1. SO sorry hunnie..about the leaking ceiling and of course for your eye....hope its better soon....love this black and white of you:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your eye gets better!! I love your photo and your outfit!! And I think the idea of simulating a black eye sounds really awesome, or at least kinda fun! And I'm so sorry about your ceiling too! That's a serious bummer! I hope everything gets better soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sorry to hear about your eye. I've had similar issues. I do a boric acid wash.

    I use this general recipe, but while it's still warm I soak a wash cloth and lay it on my eyes until it cools. Doing that a few times brings down the swelling and knocks most of the redness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... I hope you feel better! You still look great though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!