Monday, December 13, 2010

Calming yet professional?

I missed my 2 year blog-iversary on Saturday.  There were a few reasons.  First of all, doing my anniversary post seemed like far too much work, since it involved cleaning my closets, which had become dangerous areas given the second reason: we were hosting a Christmas/Going Away party that night.  The third reason was that I stayed in my pajamas until about 5, since I was writing my second chapter of my thesis, and cleaning until then.  The fourth was that my body decided to mutate.  By the end of the night, I had the most hives in recent memory.  The good news is that I discovered my latest allergy trigger: tomatoes.  You know, that ingredient in all things good things like salsa, pizza sauce, lasagna, and ketchup.  It was so bad that I spent Sunday in my pajamas too.

Ok, that was just an excuse.

Today I had no excuse to not get dressed.  I invigilated an exam bright and early in the morning.  It was my first experience in that role, so I spent some time considering what was appropriate winter wear for that circumstance.  In fact, I went to bed with two outfits in mind: one for a frigidly cold windchill, the other for a slightly (very slightly) warmer weather. Needless to say, I went with the cold one.  The scarf is new, and adds some much needed colour. 

Now tomorrow, I work my regular part time job, so I feel very strange setting my alarm two mornings in a row.  I know, I'm spoiled!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary! 2 years? That's awesome! (Oh my... I just realized I've been doing this over 4 months. Heh.) I hope you're feeling better from the hives! That's horrible that tomatoes triggered it! :( I love your outfit though! Super cute! Oh, and thanks for your comment the other day, but I actually had a couple of days of stubble and I was wearing pantyhose, and I guess the bad lighting made my legs look better than they should have! And I have to laugh about your "warmth over beauty" strategy, my wife goes for that one a lot too (even in the summer sometimes! ;) ). It's her legs though! Its kinda funny the number of role reversals we have around here! (Oh, sorry for the novel, I would have emailed or something, but couldn't find a better way!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomato allergy?? That's tragic!! Is there anything you can do to mitigate the allergy?

    In response to your comment on my blog, I'm having a very easy time with putting together non-30 outfits. This is probably because I've been planning them in my head since outfit 21, ha! But in a way, I can see how it would be tricky to suddenly have all these choices to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good outfit! Happy anniversary, Cara! Two years is a long time in the blogoverse. :)

    So sorry to hear about the tomatoes - that sucks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!