Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Party!!

 Last night, our department threw our Christmas party, and what a party it was!  We always hold the event at a local brew pub, particularly at Christmas, because they do brew a seasonal mead.  What one should know about mead is that it hits you hard, and just keeps going.  Those dreams of wearing purple and pink and grey I was having?  Didn't happen today.  Most of the day was spent on the couch, half asleep.


I decided to wear this dress, and I did my best to find a new pair of shoes.  however, I ended up using stuff in my closet.  I suppose that's a good thing, but I do so little clothing and shoe shopping for myself I like to have excuses like parties to go out and buy something.


The issue was of course that choosing this dress meant either wearing unseasonal shoes, or going with mixing neutrals.  Since the wind was rather nasty, I mixed neutrals. Navy dress, black everything else.  I did layer a navy tight under the black lace ones, but unfortunately, the lighting in the venue was so bad, it was unlikely that it was even recognized.


And in case you're thinking: "That dress looks some what familiar", it is the same dress I wore to a wedding this summer, with a slight change in the neckline to make it less trendy!

6 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! The sheen and the shade of navy creates an intentional pairing look. I really like it. Hope you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous and I'm impressed you can pull off that skinny of stiletto! Even if you can't see it in the pictures I love the idea of layering navy tights with black lace on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress, love the color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, you look stunning! I hope you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! I love that you mixed navy and black (totally cool), and even if no one knew about the tights layering, you did it! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great time!! I love the dress! The color is great! Fabulous outfit!! I love the shoes too! Oh, and I REALLY enjoyed the wedding story in your comment on my blog the other day!! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!