Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Feeling Old

I had a horrible time getting dressed this morning. It might be due to the fact that I insisted on not getting out of bed until I figured out what I would be wearing, and I could hear the wind howling outside.

I also could feel my entire body itching.  Despite not having tomatoes for a couple days, I still am forming new hives.  Either my body just hasn't stopped producing histamines (which is possible), or I'm not actually allergic to tomatoes, I'm allergic to something else. Le Sigh.  Long sleeves were a must.

This is what I ended up wearing, and I didn't like it.  I started to grow on me, in my mind's eye, until I saw it again.  Something about it just says "granny" to me.  Maybe with a black pencil skirt it might work, but the brown plaid and the cardigan and the higher neck just aren't working together for me.

I changed into jeans and took off the cardigan when I got home, leaving me with this shirt.  Much better that way!

2 comments:

  1. I think its cute!! It doesn't really say "granny" to me though! I love the shirt you layered under the cardigan though! Sometimes I "plan" my day in bed and hide under the blankets (sometimes I plan better with my eyes closed... and find myself asleep...), especially when its uncomfortable outside! I do think this would look pretty cute with a pencil skirt too! Oh, and in response to your comment on my blog: I guess society can apparently gender anything these days. But that's a big topic! I should keep my comment slightly shorter than novel length! I hope you get to feeling better/less itchy soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My granny doesn't dress as well as that so I'm gonna have to disagree with you my dear! Your fiance is so cute, paper candy and socks?

    Love it!

    besos,

    Come say Bonjour at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!