Friday, December 17, 2010

Friend Friday - Dec. 17

Boy am I glad Katy sent these out early!  I should theoretically be back home when you're reading this, but since it's really a Tuesday when I'm writing it, who knows what Katy will bring!

1. Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year?

I was really looking forward to our departmental party, and it was a good time. Yeah for not having dashed hopes!
2. What is your go-to holiday party outfit?

Honestly, it would have to be my Marilyn Monroe style dress - silver and black halter (worn here and here)

3. Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year?

I usually only buy accessories to go with Christmas outfit, so I guess the clothes must be practical at different times of year!!
4. If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess?

I'm usually the one hosting!!!  I'm not sure whether it's my generation or my regional peer group, but host/hostess gifts seem to be a dying trend, though potlucks are seeming more popular.  Maybe that's just because we're all poor!

5. If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year?
I ended up returning my one item, so I'm going to go with nothing!!! I did really really really really want a grey suede peep toe bootie I tried on at one store.  Unfortunately, they just weren't practical for prairie winters!!

For more answers, check out Katy's blog!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that Marilyn Monroe dress totally rocks!! I can totally see why it would be a go to piece!! (And I've had similar thoughts about peep toe boots! Seems really cute... but boots are for when its cold...) Anyway, I always enjoy reading your answers! I hope the rest of your seasonal events turn out to be a lot of fun if you have any more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!