Friday, December 3, 2010

Friend Friday Dec. 3rd

Forgive me if these aren't quite coherent.  Our team did well at trivia (ie: free beer), and I'm attempting to warm up and wind down before climbing into the bed where my fiancĂ© is already sleeping since he works in 5 hours.

Thank you to Katy (see, I got it right this week, despite said winning beer!!!) again for the questions

1. How many hours a week do you spend blogging? Has that number changed since you started blogging?
It's decreased in that I'm less self conscious about what I'm saying so I don't hmmm and haw about things when I write.  However, the picture probably take longer now since I do things like, uh, crop and alter colouration etc.

2. There is always more you can do, write, read, comment on... how do you limit your time spent on these tasks?
I tried an aggressive commenting practice (trying to comment on everything I read), but ultimately, I limit each "reading" to about 10 minutes each time.  I check my blog reader probably once every couple hours.  This way, if I don't have a comment, I don't feel pressured, but on the other hand, if I have a comment, I have time to fully think it through!

3. Have you experienced Blogger burnout yet? How have you dealt with that?
I'm experiencing Blogger burn out right now!  Can you tell I'm on the last few outfits of the 30 for 30 challenge and would die for some purple?!?!?!?! How did I not include purple in my plan?!??!!?!  Getting dressed just seems too hard these days, considering how little sunlight we're getting, and how poorly my thesis research is progressing.  I can't wait to just wear something that will make me feel good rather than what I need to wear to finish the challenge

4. This time of the year is always a lot busier than any other time. Will your blogging change as a result?
I have decided to not "live blog" through Christmas.  I will blog everything up to Christmas vacay, and I may take pictures of outfits, but from the 16th-20th and 22nd-27th don't expect to see regular posts.  I'm not sure whether I'm going to backlog posts before then, or whether I'll do guest/ special posts, but Family First!!

5. Could you forsee a moment in which you are not blogging anymore? How would you you identify that it's time to walk away?
I already identify days when I'm not going to blog.  With Scott working weird shifts lately, days when we get time together, I don't want to be spending time reading and writing blogs.  I can foresee this trend eventually ending my blog, but for now, I enjoy the "me" time it gives me!

3 comments:

  1. Really cool post! And completely coherent! I know I probably get too concerned about comments myself, but I also assume that people like getting comments, and I like reading their blogs... of course, that seemed so much simpler when no one read my blog and I didn't have a 158 blogs in my reader. And now I'm thinking about my own blog reaching a "conclusion", which I think about sometimes... anyway! I really enjoyed reading your answers! Very cool AND coherent! Good luck on your thesis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty coherent for a night out that involves beer. :) And I couldn't agree more with your 'Family First' mantra. Ultimately it is the people in our lives that are worth more than a blog post or a whole week worth of posts. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so guilty for not commenting in the last couple of weeks, but my life has been insane. I'm trying to get caught up.

    I've had a funny thing happen with my stats lately. Some time back (years) I posted an entry called "Silver and Gold" and I mentioned "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the character Yukon Cornelius (and posted a picture of him). You would not believe how much traffic I have had due to that picture. I wonder what people think when they do an image search and find that picture on my blog? Do they read it? Wonder what the hell this is all about and what it has to do with Yukon? Lol, it amuses me no end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!