Friday, December 31, 2010

Friend Friday - New Year, new blog, new you...

I almost forgot about these - the day of the week seems entirely irrelevant these days.  As always, stop by Modly Chic to see Katy's answers and a list of other bloggers participating!


1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?

I really want to work on my quality and number of shots.  I love detail shots in other people's blogs, but I never seem to do them myself, which of course doesn't make a lot of sense.


2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?

I've been slowly working on improving the quality of my pictures.  I still don't like my corner pictures, but it's still winter in the middle of the prairies, so I can't do much about that for now.


3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?

I'm looking at Disqus, but admittedly I'm not its greatest fan (I hate having to type in all the fields since I don't have a disqus membership yet, and I am a little worried it would decrease comments).  I would like a better way to reply to comments.


4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?

To be honest, I think I'm still too small (and scatter-posted) to collaborate with anyone.  I haven't quite found a niche in this world, since I dabble in thrifting, budget wardrobes, a bit of diy, mixing casual and professional, and academics.  However, I would like to see what fellow Canadian bloggers like Sheila, ML and Jo (and I know there has to be more of us out there!!) and I could do together. 


5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?

I really plan on commenting more regularly on other blogs.  The best thing we can get from blogs is feedback! This means I'll stop lurking silently on a lot of blogs, so start showing my appreciation for the blogging world I've entered!

3 comments:

  1. i totally get what you mean but lurking on other blogs! i do it all the time and i'm working on commenting more this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the disqus plunge. I did it this week and am SO happy with the difference it has made already. I don't think it will decrease your blog comments and it will give you the ability to interact more personally with your readers. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your answers! I enjoyed reading them as always. And regarding your pictures... I find it fascinating to hear about the Canadian prairies in winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!