Monday, December 20, 2010

Somethings are worth breaking radio silence

You know how I was planning a 2-11 day stay?  We're definitely leaning towards the 11 days now.  Yesterday, instead of heading West, to go back to Scott, we ended up heading East again, due to circumstances which I don't want to get into, but definitely put a damper on the joy of the season, hence my absence not only in outfits, but also in comments. 

Suddenly needing an outfit I hadn't planned for in my open ended packing (but Cara!  You said to plan for every circumstance from casual to dressy!!  Let's just say there are some places where "festive" is not permissible), I allowed myself to break my "no pre-Christmas shopping" rule and indulge in some much needed retail therapy. While I had hopes of finding some grey booties (that weren't open toed and suede), I found some black cherry shoes (Rocket Dog - anyone familiar with the brand?).  The best part?  Not only were they originally $79.99, reduced to $65, then further reduced to $15, I got an additional 50% off at the till.  That's right, $7.50.  And they are SO comfortable!

I realize they're a little bold for what  I need them for, but I'm hoping if I go bland on top, it'll all work out.  Afterall, these shoes need to be worn!!

6 comments:

  1. What an AMAZING deal! I don't know too much about rocket dog, I've mostly seen slouchy boots and flats from them. There's better quality out there, but for that price - you can't beat it. Those are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my rocket dog flats! I have 5 pairs at last count. They're not high end by any means, but I wore one pair for a week straight in a tropical climate a year ago and I still wear them regularly so I figure they must last pretty well. These heels are awesome though. I love the red color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a heck of a bargain! I love the color, too. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the less than perfect holiday travel plans, but on the other hand... those shoes are too cute!! And $7.50? Seriously, they look awesome! Good luck with the rest of your holiday travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are the best... truly. I love Rocket Dog...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!