Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday = meeting day?

This is two weeks in a row that I've had Friday meetings.  And having a meeting at 10:00 am after a night at Trivia (we won one round which made us the nerdiest team alive - my apologies for the immaturity of our taglines, I don't choose them) was difficult.  I haven't been sleeping well, so I've been taking advantage of my lack of morning plans most days this week to sleep in and get a little more REM cycle before starting the day.  This led me to being almost late.

We went thrifting Thursday after I shovelled out my car (it felt so good to have her back in motion!!), and I blew my budget.  I usually go with about $15 which can get me a shirt and a skirt, or a jacket.  However, luck seemed to be with me.  One fabulous find was this H&M dress for $12.99. The price wasn't ideal, however, it was just too adorable to give up. 

I'm pretty sure it was only worn once or twice: there were no tags, but the spare buttons clacked together something fierce with the slightest movement, so I'm pretty sure if it had been worn more, they would have ripped them off (which I did as I was flying out the door).  I think the main reasons this was given away is that the previous owner didn't know the joy of a safety pin.  The inside button doesn't lie flat (which works fine for me - I need to move it anyway, since the dress is a smidgen too big without my safety pinning), and the wrap skirt tends to have a mind of it's own (again, easily tacked down with a safety pin or two.  I might even add snaps). 

7 comments:

  1. I love this dress! And the tights! And the shirt! It's perfect! 1 round in trivia is fabulous! I love being a nerd! Next week is our keg party so I'm pretty sure that we won't be quite as with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such! a cute dress. I would have paid $13 for it. I love LBD with details like buttons (and zippers or fabric textures). Great tights too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little buckle on the dress. Super cute.

    Also, I was just saying that I need to a Slice on trivia. We are trivia junkies, too. Fortunately, there are at least 3 trivia nights at different bars EVERY night of the week. Portland loves their bar trivia.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress, Cara! Good find. I would have paid that for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress! What a great find as it makes you look totally fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pattern mixing in the two pinks!

    Hope you're able to start getting more sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find and super cute!! I love the tights too! And way to go winning trivia!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!