Friday, January 21, 2011

Friend Friday

Thanks as always to Katy for these questions!!


1. Most readers and fellow fashion bloggers value authenticity in the blogs they read. How would you describe blog/blogger authenticity?

Autehnticity is admitting the flaws, laughing at the mistakes, and sharing odd details of their life. 


2. When it comes to your blog how to you infuse it with that true/ authentic feeling?

I show you when I wear pajamas, when I wear an outfit that doesn't work for me, and I rant about random things.


3. Have you stopped following a blog in the last three months? What made you lose interest?

I have.  I always feel so guilty.  However, if they aren't connecting to me in some way (whether it's through personal interest, inspiration or what have you), I know it's best to leave it!


4. We can't communicate effectively on our blogs, something we don't live in real life... what are some ways you try to live an authentic life?

If I've learnt anything in the last 17 months I've lived in a different city is that it's best to just be yourself.  Trying to fit into someone's expectation for you is too hard and not worth it!


5. Give a shout-out... Which bloggers do you think are truly genuine and why?

I think a list here is important!!
Linda from The Auspicious Life
Sheila from Ephemera
Jo from Daily Haiku
Megan from Megan Mae Daily

There are many more, but I have to add somewhere!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, sweetie. :) I do drop blogs that I'm not connecting with, or that haven't posted for over 3 months. I've also dropped because blogs that I comment on never respond in kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how short, punchy and to the point your answers are. And I'm soooo on board with the pajama wearing and random rants :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Thanks for the shoutout. I hate to remove blogs, but for those that have gone dead or unknown hiatus or even a lack of continued connection to the blog causes me to drop it. I do keep a few on for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like from the last couple FBFFs that you have done a lot of growing and changing since your big move. What a great experience. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading this blog because I know you are real, so to see my name on there? I just gave the fella a big air five. Thanks!
    Now, I have to mention, because you said you'd forget. 25th. That's 3 days from now.
    I'll be back to remind you again. Or, now that we are besties on the twitter, maybe I will bug you there ;)

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your answers. I definitely feel horrible unfollowing a blog. (Especially if they don't have many readers...) Actually, I think I've only unfollowed 3-4 blogs ever... authenticity is such an interesting question though. I try to be me on my blog, but the nature of anonymity is that I need to keep some things back, but I do try to be authentic. I definitely think your blog is authentic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!