Thursday, January 13, 2011

Such a weird day

First of all, thanks for the input yesterday!  I think I will follow your advice and hold off! (Sorry Wendy B!  And a side note: How awesome is it that Wendy Brandes stopped by here?  For those that don't know, she's a fabulous jewelry designer.  Check out her site here.  Right now, I'm loving the silver oak leaf necklace, but she is probably most known for her swear rings!!)

You don't get an outfit post from yesterday since -39 degree weather means I dress for warmth, not style, since it was one of those weird freak of nature moments when I did have to leave my apartment.

Because it's still somewhat cold today, and I don't have to leave the house until about 8:30 tonight (yeah for Trivia night!!), I'm not getting out of my pajamas and snuggie until I absolutely have to. In other words: I'm writing this blog long before I've even found the items  I need to make it work!

This sweater is new to me:  I'm about 90% sure I bought it for my sister as a Christmas/birthday present one year, so when I saw it in her "hand-me-down" bag, I immediately had to try it on myself to see what would compel her to give away such a thoughtful present.  After loving how it looked on me, I decided against asking her, for fear she would repossess it.  Of course, when I went to take it off, it became obvious: it requires 2 people!  Stuck with  my arms pinned to my head, I considered putting it in the "give away" pile, but decided it was worth the inconvenience.  Besides, most Trivia nights I'm so exhausted by the time I get home, I get tangled up in my pajamas anyway.

There's two variations of the outfit here:  the first has a necklace and my new boots. I used some Christmas money from my grandparents to buy these after work on Tuesday.  They came right in on budget (ok, 9 cents over!!), and they fit perfectly.  I love that there is a second zipper beside the main one, that way it can be unzipped when I wear a pair of jeans in them!  The necklace was also part of a Christmas gift.  You know: Dear Cara, Love Cara. 

However, the second variation is what I'll wear out to trivia tonight.  I've switched to my winter boots (because we're expecting 10 cm - 4 inches - of snow tonight and I don't want to ruin my boots before I get a chance to protect them), and my scarf (because the bar is unbelievably cold, and this scarf is large enough to wear as a shawl). 

I didn't go all out with this outfit because it's not my usual style.  I'm much more, uh, streamlined than my sister.  The larger sleeve is kind of wigging me out. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. First of all, I LOVE this sweater. I want one just like it but in black! And this sentence made my day: "I'm about 90% sure I bought it for my sister as a Christmas/birthday present one year, so when I saw it in her "hand-me-down" bag, I immediately had to try it on myself to see what would compel her to give away such a thoughtful present."

    HIGHLARIOUS!

    I think the sweater is worth the struggle for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater, especially the sleeves. Too funny about how you got it. The boots are really cute, I love how the necklace mirrors the details of the boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy is awesome - I don't know where she finds the time to comment on all the blogs she reads!

    I love both of these outfits, Cara! You look awesome in this brown shade, and that necklace is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit in this post! Those boots are fabulous and the top is really cute!! The necklace is really cool too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very chic outfit!!!I love the boots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!