Monday, February 14, 2011

Capsule Wardrobe and Fabulous in February

Sorry for my absence over the last couple days, I've been thoroughly enjoying my role as "Auntie Cara" to the most precious little girl in the whole wide world.  And she takes after her aunt, for sure: she even has impeccable taste in clothing.  When I left, she was in a pink animal print (with each "spot" being a heart) tunic with skinny jeans.  In any event, I am back in my still-chaotic apartment. And in a really, really, really bad mood.  Valentine's day? It's not happening today.

Due to said chaotic apartment, you don't get a shot of all my clothes together, since I haven't quite found them yet. I know what they are for the most part, actually!  That's at least a step!

Today's outfit it pretty basic. Every capsule should have some "go to" pieces that are easy to put together and guaranteed to work. This is my "going to work my ass off at the library" outfit.



Anyway, onto my three Fabulous in February positive thoughts about myself.  It's so hard this week to come up with any.  My "mini-vacation" wasn't quite as relaxing as I'd hoped: (my car broke down before I left, then it was appointment after appointment, then Scott's car didn't like the gusts of winds on the highway home). As such, my brain is just as (if not worse than) last week. But here goes nothing:

1. People seem to value my opinion on clothing.  I realize that should be a given if I have followers on a blog, but there is always a special thrill when someone asks me (in real life): "What do you think of this?" or "How should I do this?"

2. I have a pretty good work ethic.  I was given a "get out of jail free" card for the next couple weeks regarding thesis work, but instead, I've decided to use it as my motivation: going to the library and working hard means not having to be in the apartment

3. I'm efficient.  I had to finalize cupcake details this weekend while visiting my sister. I like to think I had a perfect balance of what I wanted and an open enough mind to keep my options open. Who knew something as simple as wedding cupcakes could have so many options!  Having a plan definitely kept me from being mired down in the details!

All right, enough positive thoughts, I've got some self-pity to wallow in. 

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, cupcakes...and wine. There's the wine too.

    This is a super cute outfit with the pattern mixing!

    I'm sorry your vacation wasn't as stress free as we would've liked. Hope things start getting better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive thoughs!! I wish I could've been more like you in grad school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look cute. Love the big cozy scarf. Good luck with the hard work. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I finally own my fashion company, whatevet it may be - I will so hire you!

    Efficiency is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you again. I love the pink top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are efficient about picking cupcakes, does that mean you have to miss the process of tasting them? Because I would go really really slowly just so I could get to taste more ;)

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love efficiency... However I'm a lazy efficiency person so really I only get things done when I've exhausted all other possibilities!
    Have a lovely Vday on Thurs! That's much more important than trivia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute outfit!! And I love your positives! #1 is really cool, and efficiency is always great!! Good luck with the apartment situation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!