Monday, February 21, 2011

Fabulous in February

Is this serious our second last Fabulous in February?  What do you think, Mel and Hope, want to extend it into March? 

The first thing this week is not something I'm necessarily fabulous at right now, but rather something I'm slowly learning, which I think is a really smart move for me.  I'm slowly realizing that it's OK to say "No" or "Enough" or "Help".  I used to be stubbornly independent and believed myself to be this great martyr always sacrificing my time and energy when others did nothing (partially because I wouldn't let them help).  And then I realized that working together is probably a healthier and more collaborative way to get things done.

The second is the balance I've struck between my desire for a healthy diet and my love of all things fattening. I've balanced my love of exercise with my completely ADD habits.  I feel no guilt in hitting McDonalds occasionally. I've invested in technology that makes my exercise more fun (hello, Dance Central).  The most important thing I've learned, given my habits of extreme interest followed by extreme avoidance, is moderation is key for both eating and exercising! (With that said - still looking forward to P90X).

The third is my ability to research.  As I'm typing this, I've just finished learning everything there is to know about flatware.  I'm guiding Scott's research on knives.  I'm just about to dive into the world of wine glasses (in case you couldn't tell, I'm researching  items for our wedding registry). While I do research for "a living", I love how I'm able to research ANYthing that interests me with efficiency.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find out how to choose a glass to make my love of chianti move to the next level!

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, as much as I'd love to extend this into March, the alliteration just isn't there. ;) Not to mention that I'm finding it more and more difficult and I'm not even sure I can come up with three more things for next Monday!

    Learning to say no and help are definitely strengths. It takes a strong person to do that. And I love that you're researching flatware for your registry! I just picked out whatever I thought was pretty. Probably the reason it's all fallen apart by now! :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I might be with Melissa, b/c I'M running out of things to say about myself. Is that sad? haha!

    I really like your first one, b/c it is something I want to work on as well. I don't delegate well, and I tend to take on all the tasks myself. I'm sure it's a long road to get to where you are, but I'm working on it. I'm so happy you posted that, it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!