Friday, February 25, 2011

Friend Friday: And the nominees are...

Katy's put together a system for creating blog awards, and what I like about this process is that we each nominate someone for each category that we'd like to see awarded. I encourage you to check out each of the blogs I nominate, and of course, the other collaborators on Katy's blog!!

1. Creative Juices (most creative) DaniellaBella of Keep Warm. I love to see how she takes great outfits, and wears them in our windy and cold city!


2. The Real Deal (authenticity) Erin of Work With What You've Got. Erin tells it as it is, whether it outfits she loves, ones she hates, and how she loves her Sundays in her pajamas in bed.  She took a short break when she stopped to think about how to be more authentic in her blog, and now that she's back, it's better than ever!

3. Spark Notes (Most Helpful):  To the best of my knowledge, Mel of A Working Mom's Closet hasn't done any "how-tos" or anything that would traditionally be found in this category.  Where Mel deserves credit is the help that she provides through comments, emails and tweets.  You know the minute you have a question, if you ask Mel, she'll give you insightful advice!!

4. Newbie (best blogger less than a year old):  Jodi of Day2DayWear has only been blogging since June, and she's jumped in with both feet!

5. Can You Hear Me Now (most connected): I wouldn't be surprised if Collete wins this category with a majority vote.  I've lost track of the different projects she's handling, but I'm sure she's gotta be constantly glued to Blackberry or iPhone in order to keep it all going.  Twitter Tuesday is a clear example of how she is so connected!

6. If I had a Hammer (Best DIY): Has Megan Mae ever done a DIY?  Not that comes to mind, but she definitely takes the cake for making her clothes work for her!  She has Sew Sundays where she attempts to expand her wardrobe by creating or modifying items that interest her. 


7. Tribe Leader (blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together) Katy of Modly Chic is a clear choice - uh, Hello, Friend Friday anyone??

8. Practically Perfect (most fashionable): I haven't been following her for long, but I kind of love every outfit that Hope (of Hope and the Dress Code) has put on. I can't wait to go back to working full-time to steal some of her ideas!

9. Paint by Numbers (Best Beauty Blogger): I love when Hillary (By Hillary) features her makeup. I am not quite into makeup in a big way, so I don't follow make-up blogs. However Hillary makes me want to run off to my MAC dealer and plunk down my life savings!

10. Renaissance Woman (best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle):Linda from The Auspicious Life runs a fabulous blog which not only details what she wears to teach (a profession where fashion must be mixed with practicality and prudence), organizes projects such as EveryBody EveryWear, but also highlights why Portland (that city I wouldn't have thought twice about going to) is worth a second glance. She's diligent at responding to comments and visiting blogs.  And let's not forget: her man is kind of a techie genius!

8 comments:

  1. <3 thank you. You are very kind. That made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Cara! I've actually got a little DIY planned up for my Sew Sunday! Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara that was the NICEST thing!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara! I'm honored! How incredibly sweet of you to nominate me and then say such nice things, too. :) You're awesome!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination Cara...I tweeted to you this morning, not sure if you saw it:) I chose Jodi too, very cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I read this when it went up and was totally floored. Never have I ever been considered a Renaissance woman of any kind. I was trying to think of a way to show my appreciation. So instead of running out of time and skipping my Saturday Slice again (like I did last week), I ran out to make sure I had something great to put up. I'm SO happy to know that I've exposed you to the great parts of my temporary home!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love our nominations here and thanks for giving me the nod for Tribe Leader!! - Katy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!