Sunday, March 20, 2011

All right, let's take on the world

I spent far too much time in bed being sick. Not only is the apartment a disaster, my thesis a good couple days behind in work, but my body also decided to seek its revenge for my inactivity. Apparently lounging at odd angles to get the best view of the TV, then inevitably falling asleep in that awkwardness causes havoc with back muscles, causing me to lie (more ergonomically) in bed for another day.

Me and yoga, we're going to be good friends this week!

This outfit has been sitting in the back of my mind since, well, apparently mid-January. I loved the outfit that Kyla of Blue Collar Catwalk wore. It was something about the bright jacket and wide leg jeans. Of course, I've tried on various days to replicate the look with my bright green plaid jacket, but I just couldn't find the right graphic tee (well, I could. It's Scott's Radiohead t-shirt, but being a favourite of his, it pretty much goes straight from the dryer, to his body, to the laundry hamper). About a week ago, I decided I could still do a toned down version, using a brown jacket. However, the proper day to wear it never emerged (I had it on on Friday as a sign of my optimism that Advil would solve my  problems, but about 2 minutes later I was back into my sweats).

Since it's Stripe Week this week (I actually pulled a couple stripe shirts out of my "give away pile" so I could participate... I promise, they'll go back), I figured I had to throw the outfit in today, since waiting a week would, well, mean it would disappear into the back of my mind.


I also have been doing the "blogger bun" a lot, basically since the start of my hiatus. With the hiatus, and then the illness, you just haven't seen me rock it. My hair isn't quite long enough to stretch all the way up in the back, so I took a cue from someone (no idea who) and braid it up the back. Beats the 17 million clips I'd need otherwise! OH ya, and it's crazy messy because there was an unintended walk in the wet wet snow and wind that I decided just to let it do whatever it wanted.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- I LOVE your hair here!! What a GREAT idea with the braid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I really like the print on the shirt. The butterflies look sortof abstract. Love the updo idea! How in the world can you get your own hair braided like that though!? Supremely creative. Makes me wish my hair was longer to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god woman! Your hair! I love love the braid up the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of braiding to get the updo to work without bobby pins. Love that idea. Thanks for sharing!
    I'm glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! I love the outfit, and the hair is awesome! The braid is a very cool idea! (Hrm, maybe I should try the blogger bun... I'm not sure my hair is long enough at the moment either since I just got it trimmed... and I do like braids!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!