Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cara's Gone Dotty

Ever have those weeks where keeping a blog is just all work and no fun? I've been feeling like that lately, and after being completely unplugged this weekend, I had hoped that I'd been feeling more into it. Nope, not so much.  After skimming a hundred blog posts when I got home, and reading a multitude of tweets (dear people that post the same link to their latest blog post multiple times in one day: get a freaking life), I got more and more drained. Up until I went to bed last night, I was going to skip Polka Dot Day, not blog at all, and just see how things went.

But then I remembered I love Linda. Or Polka dots. Or both. So I thought: "I'll wear polka dots, because I can't go to work naked. I just won't post"... but what's the point of wearing spots if you're not going to do a spot on blogspot about spots?

So you get a post. A little grumpy (have you noticed that trend lately?). And you'll probably get a post on Saturday or Sunday as well. And maybe a couple in between. We'll see. I'm going to cull the number of blogs I read, and tweeps I follow and see if maybe I just am over-blogging myself.

9 comments:

  1. If you're not having fun, or it feels like an obligation, you should cut back to the point where you enjoy it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry if you feel like you want to cut back or take a break. I fully believe that as soon as we get spring... you know, sometime in the next 8 months, things will be better. This winter has been the worst and all motivation has gone out the window... I understand totally. Well done on the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a moment like that, too. Take your time and blog when you are feelin it. Although sometimes when I vent on my blog about NOT wanting to blog (got all that?) the creativity instantly starts to flow.

    Andrea
    peanutbutterhandprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your polkas hunnie...and the layers:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really just "aw"ed out loud. My fella is now very confused about what I am reading. He will be very happy when I hand this page over to him.
    I am so flattered that you blogged today for EBEW.
    I think you should only blog when you feel like it - don't force it. And lowering the number of blogs you read might help as well. I certainly love reading your blog, but you are busy chica, and I wouldn't want you to put extra time into something that just isn't fun.


    And, what IS that with the tweeting? Why do they need to retweet themselves every hour?! I'm with you on that!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go back an forth on blogging too - I all but stopped a while ago, and now I'm enjoying it again so I'm posting several times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ROCK those dots Girl! :) Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEW!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, if you're not enjoying it, maybe just take a little time off. We'll still be here when you get back. Maybe just some "absence makes the heart grow fonder". I love your polka-dot shirt and those pants fit you like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your outfit!! Sorry to hear that blogging is becoming more work than play! Definitely take a break or figure something out. I certainly understand the complexity of blog/life balance... hello 3-unexpected-weeks-off and 1000+ unread posts in Google reader... wheee... but I find myself getting extremely down when I'm not active with my blog as well, and it's an outlet for me that's hard to replace... so... none of this probably has any bearing on your situation... but I understand it can be... complicated! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!