Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Frump-a-lump

It's Wednesday. It's cold. My attempts last night to sleep were somewhat fruitless. I thought I was keeping my negative vibes in, but since Scott (who has the day off) scuttled off to the coffee shop with drawing pad in hand before he even had a chance to eat breakfast makes me wonder if I'm just oozing with negative aura.  It doesn't matter, now, I suppose. It's just me and my books.

I've got a long day of reading. I'd told my adviser that I wanted to tackle my last chapter with a new book. We agreed on The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood is the focus of my study), but I'm finding it a slow slog. Possibly because it's been a while since I've read anything longer than a chapter or article. Possibly because it just reminds me of The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence: equally Canadian). Since I'm still afraid of bed and their related bugs, my reading spot is not stretched out on a bed with nests of pillows, but will be an overstuffed arm chair (I realize the distinction in discomfort isn't readily apparent: please believe me when I tell you that the chair is less comfortable, mainly when one accidently falls asleep with book in hand). The last thing I want is to have a belt digging into my ribs, the itch of a sweater on the arm pit, or a pant leg riding up.

Yesterday was all about dressing for me: Today is all about dressing for comfort.

(Note: in better mood now!! Check out this video and see if you can watch it without smiling - and I don't even know who the baby is!!)

8 comments:

  1. My ex-husband emailed that video to me the other day, I couldn't stop laughing! It's contagious! I love it!

    And you, my dear - holy cow, even when you're just sitting at home so casually, you look amazing! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're enjoying a great evening of warmth and relaxation. Are your socks sparkly? If so, ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even dressing comfy you look pretty dang cute. Hope you had a good day of reading!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute and cozy. I love this outfit and the picture! Did you match your headband with your mug on purpose? Hmm..such coordination!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the comfy outfit. The blue is great! I especially love those tights with the cute zipper and that sweater is cozy looking too!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this is beautiful!!
    I love it!! ♥
    xx

    Henar
    ..OH MY VOGUE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! I really like this picture too!! It's too cute! Good luck with the slow going reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha. that video was RIDICULOUSLY (did i spell that wrong it looks weird?) cute. for reals. oh and if that's frumpy then shut it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!