Thursday, March 17, 2011

I promise, I didn't disappear in a hissy fit again!

Clothes are just the farthest thing from my mind. It's totally food that's keeping my mind busy. Tuesday, I focused on keeping crackers down. Yesterday was bananas.  Today, well, we've taken a couple steps back and water seems to be a challenge. I have a feeling dehydration has set in so hopefully I'll get over the water thing quickly, or at least will fair better with ginger ale or Gatorade.

The worst part (ignoring the time spent in the bathroom, the agony of my stomach muscles, and the lack of productivity)? A new game for the Kinect showed up just before I got sick.  I don't think my body could handle Zumba right now!

Rather than comments of sympathy and well wishes (which I do appreciate), I'd like to hear your favourite sick day guilty pleasures. Mine is Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup.  Scott's is Campbell's Chicken Noodle. Days when we're both sick we make sure we have a pot of each on hand. I'm sure the salt factor helps to restore electrolytes or something, but I think it's the memories of childhood that help for me! And of course, television is always key to the healing process. 

4 comments:

  1. Okay... I'm trying to think about my favorite sick day guilty pleasure... and nothing is coming to mind... although maybe it's the fact that I can be lazy and not feel guilty over it. :)

    Anyway, hope you get better soon!! Sorry to hear how rough it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping. I generally am not hungry when sick and I will literally sleep 16-18 hours a day if I'm that sick. Dark quiet rooms, reading if I'm not nauseated. Try and feel better. Gatorade will be better than water for hydration if you can keep it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching crap movies and having a bath in the middle of the day. And gingerale of course! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually go for lots of soup. When I was a kid, being sick was a bonus - I get to request everything I want to eat!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!