Friday, March 25, 2011

Lists are like stripes because they have lines

1. Sorry - no FBFF this week... I'm typically very in tuned with feminist discussions, but since feminism and my thesis subject (as in person: Margaret Atwood) is commonly viewed through the lens of feminism, and I want to look at her from a different angle, I'm trying to ignore all things gender for a little while.

2. Yes, I will TOTALLY update my blog roll soon. I know I've been saying that for a while, but I keep meeting new people, and I don't know when to say when before updating!

3. To the person I saw yesterday who looked like someone whose blog I've probably stumbled across, and who gave me the same knowing but confused look... "hi!"

4. Today is another one of those times when Time+Cara does not equal "happy relationship". A friend invited me for lunch, so of course I had to say yes, but I also knew that these Friday lunches tend to expand to Friday afternoon, and then the evening is just a write-off. As a result, I have to work out AND get a significant chunk of writing done before 12:30 when the beer starts to flow. I know, I could just not drink, but I swear, I only drink Guinness for the iron content... right. Anyway, comfort won out over anything new and fun... and the stripes are in the tank

5 comments:

  1. The back of that wrap top is GORGEOUS, I love how you can see the stripes through the back too. Hope you enjoyed your lunch -day. I always try to plan around a larger block of time when meeting friends because we always linger and the rest of the day ends up shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Megan! The back of your top is so beautiful! So feminine! Adorable outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, a new excuse for drinking Guinness. THANKS!!! :)

    You look super cute in your black and white outfit. Simple and chic. I love the sweater!

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, Guinness is so good for that!

    I love how you're doing the two tops - really nice, and shows off your lovely back and neck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely loving stripes these days! In fact, I bought 3 striped tops yesterday! =)

    Love the back detail on this!

    Btw, the Mystery Blog Project is now revealed! Come and join us!


    besos,

    ML

    It's OUT!
    Come and join The Pajama Project!

    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!