Thursday, March 24, 2011

Read Between the Lines

The best part about finding your "lobster" or "one" is that often, you are on the same wavelength. But before you gag over the sappiness, keep reading. Scott and I woke up this morning, turned to each other and said: "Aw crap, you're home all day, aren't you?!?!?"

As much as we love spending time together, we each have times when we draw straws to find out who gets to work from the coffee shop or library just so we have some more "me time". Fortunately, it was pretty easy to divide up our time and our apartment quite well: I get morning shift, and Scott gets afternoon shift. We meet at lunch to switch off, and then again at supper to catch up.

But of course, that meant all my "house based activities" had to be scrunched into the morning. Certain things like "Working out" and "showering" go well together, but something like outlining my essay (that pesky activity I didn't finish yesterday) takes a large amount of floor space (I map out my 25 pages with index cards in my living room) and generally an activity I deal with intermittently throughout the day is not so easy to do in so little time.

With very little precious "home time" on the schedule, I needed an outfit that I could grab and go, and not worry about making it work, and adjusting. It's been a while since I've done this outfit, but it used to be a classic for me.

I think this might be my last wear for this shirt... it doesn't really fit right. It was a hand-me down from my sister, so I've kept it around with the thought: "Well, it's not like it was a bad purchase!"Without the tank over top, it obvious that I don't have the chest to fill it out.  Oh well, shirt... you'll find a new friend!

6 comments:

  1. Love the bright pink stripes! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the personal space thing. Living with someone is wonderful - but that 'me time' is extremely important. Sounds like you guys have got it worked out pretty good.

    I like the layered shirts, but it's better to pass on ones that don't fit. At least you got some wear of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might want it back....breastfeeding seems to have a positive effect on the fit of some clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! I love your blog, and your stripes :)

    http://adailyolive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I didn't think I could love you more than I did already but once you referenced finding your lobster, I've decided that we're kindred spirits.

    You look super cute in your stripes with the layered tank! I think that's a fun look and honestly, if you like this then I'd keep the shirt anyway. It doesn't have to be worn by itself to be worth keeping.

    Hope you were able to get everything done!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!