Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Short Lived Outfit

First of all, thank you for the kind words an support for yesterday's post!  It was such an encouragement!

Scott's been battling a minor stomach flu for a few days.  I figured I was probably safe. I was feeling a little "off" yesterday, but I woke up this morning, feeling fine. By noon, I was doubled over in pain at my desk. Needless to say, I jumped on the next bus home, and crawled into bed.

But not without taking pictures first! (Ok, a picture. And standing up this straight hurt so much I crawled to find some medicine)

Hello Monkey wore her cozy purple sweater belted a number of time over her 30 for 30, and I think I "starred" each time. Since we're quickly running out of time before this sweater will be seasonally inappropriate, I figured it was now or never.

My vague memory of this outfit (which gets vaguer by the minute, as I nap between paragraphs) is that it was comfortable. The tights waistband, the belt and the heat of the sweater didn't help much later on, but I think I successfully made neutrals interesting.

9 comments:

  1. Aww feel better, dear. Take it easy. I think your belted sweater came out really cute. I love the tulip shape it created. Neutral outfits with a twist are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cardi belted - and your hair looks really pretty with some curls.

    Hope you feel better soon, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You most definitely made neutrals interesting, and so very chic! You look awesome.

    I am SO sorry that you're sick! On top of everything else you've been dealing with over the past few months (ugh, and the weekend), you just have too much crap to deal with.

    You need a drink. And some fun. And a BREAK!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get better soon!! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I love this outfit though, and I agree, you made neutrals very interesting! Super cute!! Get rest and get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Miss Cara! Feel better soon!
    I like the belted cardi. It's interesting because the sweater is so cozy and the belt is so hard and I love them together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,I really like your blog!very nice posts,I have started blogging as well,please visit me:
    www.jewellerybijou.com
    thanks
    Dorota

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well of course I LOVE it! :) It's an incredibly beautiful sweater and I'm swooning over the patterned tights.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater looks so lovely. And your hair looks so pretty. You came back from your hiatus and hit your outfit post out of the park. Really, Cara. You look great, which is amazing since you weren't feel well at the time.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, sorry you felt sick! (hope you're better now!). I really like this, esp. the tights and shoes. They're really doing it for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!