Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stripes of comfort!

I won't lie: I'm stalling. I should be working on my outline for the last chapter of my thesis and writing its introduction, but that would mean I am almost done this process. And that should mean I know what I'm talking about, which I clearly don't.

Don't be fooled by the bare legs: it's cold here. My solution to this sudden disappearance of spring? Crank the heat, and pretend it's nice out!  The sun is at least shining outside, so that helps.

I also had such a good work out today, the thought of trying to put on tights just seemed too painful. I dropped 10 pounds when I was sick last week, and only about 4 of it bounced back on its own. I think it was muscle mass, so I've been doing a lot of strength training.

I'm also trying to eat 6 meals a day... and I really just feel like I spend my day lifting weights... and eating... and lifting weights... and eating... both of which are better than actually writing!!

9 comments:

  1. That's the best way to be when you are weight lifting, lots of small meals and frewquently! I am tres jealous, I want to live that lifestyle but with an infant I am lucky to workout. And to stay out of the ice cream.
    Happy Stripes to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I totally understand stalling. Blogs are so easy to ignore work with. I love the blue with the teenytiny stripes. Hope you're enjoying your 'created' spring indoors. Take it easy, the paper will come together in time. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I misspelled frequently, but I don't have to tell you that! All that English and all.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love that dress ! I have definitely heard of Wendy B., I just haven't been to her blog in a while. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun dress! I like the low pockets. You lost ten pounds? I've gained nine pounds since Oct :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love how you paired the dress with the shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! My friends joke that losing weight is the one advantage of being sick, but I know what you mean - its the muscle mass you're losing and it just doesn't feel right!

    Have you ever bought from Forever21.com? I saw my Where's Waldo dress there yesterday. (or for you would it be Forever21.ca?)

    Amber Lena Fashion Bargainista.com
    outfits FOR SALE from $10!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit!! The colors are great and I love the solution to going bare legged while it's cold! (i.e. don't go outside! :) ). And good luck on your thesis! I'm sure you know what you're talking about! (But procrastination is fun anyway...) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!