Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This time, it's all about me

I woke up this morning to hear on Scott's alarm clock (which goes off at 5...ugh) that it was bitterly cold out, and would continue to be all day. Skirts and dresses were out of the question. Even dress pants would be too cool.  This day called for jeans.

Ugh.  I'd already used my "trouser jean" (what I consider my get out of jean-jail-free card) in the last few weeks, and my long darkwash bootcut jeans. Was I really out of jean options? I ignored the question as I drifted back to sleep for another two hours until my alarm went off... for the first time. And the second time. Why not a third time, for good measure?

As I lazed in bed, I thought: "Wait... why can't I wear them again?  What's stopping me from wearing whatever the hell I want? There's no dress code at work. I don't dress for my co-workers. I dress for me, damn it!" (I am a bit of a potty mouth in the morning).

So I wore trouser jeans to work. And even in trouser jeans, I'm needing a cup of hot chocolate to keep the chills at bay after a bus ride. But none the less, I stand by my choice. Sometimes, it's gotta be all about me.

(Oh ya, ignore the hair.  That's what we call "hat head".  And ignore the messy kitchen in the background.  That's what we call "laziness")

6 comments:

  1. I love those trouser jeans on you! They fit you perfectly and you're right, you should wear whatever you want!

    I really love the purple and yellow combo too. My favorite color combo!

    You look beautiful! Hope you were able to get warmed up with your hot chocolate. :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! Wear the darned jeans! You look lovely.

    Hope you're warming up! My fingers are freezing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! Those are some smashing jeans. You look like you're feeling back to normal. Keep warm out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love trouser jeans...and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wide leg jeans look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this outfit!! The trouser jeans are fabulous, and the whole thing is super cute! (Ugh, I need to replace my worn-once-and-messed-up trouser jeans... :) ). Oh, and the colors are great. (Not a combo I would normally wear. I would love to... but there are some color combos that I have tied to various not-always-great experiences in my past... ;) ).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!