Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wind blown Stripes

 It's snowy, and blowy, so I decided to keep the colours to neutrals to express my dislike of this not-over-winter-ness. However, I forgot that regardless of colour, some people see flowers and think: "Spring". One certainly grumpy guy in the elevator admired my optimism for spring (at least I'm assuming he's referring to the skirt, as there was no context to the comment what so ever!).
 
So let's pretend that flowers MUST mean spring, then not only was the pattern inappropriate, the entire outfit was inappropriate for the activities of the day. I spent my morning moving big dirty boxes. If I look harried, that is why!

And look! I'm mixing pattern!  Yeah!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous mix of floral and stripes! Maybe he was thinking a skirt = spring? Stay optimistic, it's on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white tres chic! Lovin' the floral and stripe mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mixing of stripes and flowers, both black and white, looks sleek and chic. Really, the whole thing looks terrific. The shirt dress opened and belted? Such a great look.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, it's supposed to snow here tomorrow. I'm so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cardi/jacket/bit of art! It looks incredible especially with that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pattern mixing - probably because they're both black and white. I'm a matchy-matchy kind of girl, so I'm resistant to most pattern mixing - it just looks like a jumble of colors to me. But this looks great!
    Thanks for visiting me - I appreciate ALL points in life (especially in the form of money!) Glad you're a fellow strip-er (not stripper...)
    http://www.dlynne16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pattern mix and monochrome palette! Maybe if we all pretend it's spring, the weather will listen to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the skirt! Great pattern mixing! And I think your optimism for spring is great! Super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely ! I like how you brought it together with the shirtdress-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!